IISI applies information technology and GIS to assist Fire Department of Taipei City Government to build database for disaster decision and plans "Disaster Decision Support and Display System" and "Disaster Decision Support and Prevention Information Net" for the importance reference of decision making and commands during disaster. Information is also available for general public to improve disaster prevention awareness and knowledge.
- Collecting and analyzing diversified types of information for decision support and real-time update
- Integrating images, photos, diagrams, and texts in multimedia display
- Deployment of WEB-based system to ensure and control version
- Integrating rich monitoring resources of inter-departments to avoid the failure to understand available resources during disaster
- Providing single disaster decision platform to collect distributed disaster relief information
- Utilizing multimedia display interface and during flooding period, releasing dynamic decision information and alert from Taipei Disaster Prevention Center to enable real-time response and to reduce life and property loss