New developments and emerging information technology (IT) are being employed to revolutionize motor vehicle service systems with smart and innovative services. IISI has provided support to the Directorate General of Highways (DGH), Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MOTC), in establishing an “Executive Information System”.
- Provide interactive multi-dimensional online analyses. Users can search for the results of various business operations and employ cross comparison analysis, and other value-added processes to transform data into useful information, helping to enhance the accuracy, scope, depth, and promptness of operational data analysis as well as the performance of various administrative processes.
- An executive information system for senior managers in the DGH has been established. This system includes a selection of statistical analysis and management and forecast of the number of on road vehicles, providing decision makers with key performance indicators (KPIs) and decision-making information.
- EIS overview homepage: Functions include current data, key indicators, and graphs of current statistics.
- Motor Vehicle Operations Module: Provides analysis reports for various motor vehicle operations such as management of driving licenses, license plate, violations, and tax fees.
- Correlation Analysis Module: Conducts correlations analysis for specific dimensions such as vehicle age, age of vehicle owner, and administrative districts.
- Logistics Management Module: Provides safety assessment indicators of logistic businesses and analysis of integrated GIS road networks, transport volume, and vehicle shifts.
- Nonconformity Disclosure Module: Any agency failing to conform to key indicators will be automatically notified with an email alert according to the specified process cycle time of the target agency.
- Average Forecast Module: Mainly used to forecast and analyze the growth of new license plates and gas prices.
- Functions required by the user were not clarified accordingly. Only prototyping could be used to verify relevant user requirements.
- Short project duration. Strict project management was required to comply with system inspection and go-live.
- A data warehouse platform is used to regularly generate business intelligence analysis reports so that IT personnel can provide non-regular support to business personnel performing SQL searches.
- EIS overviews, motor vehicle operations module, correlation analysis modules, logistic management modules, nonconformance disclosure module, and average forecast module created during this project are capable of providing historical and real-time motor vehicle data analysis. Senior management is provided with analytical charts and figures for decision-making and the means to assess organizational performance.
Directorate General of Highways, Ministry of Transportation and Communications