IISI provided support to Academia Sinica to establish an “Information Integration and Application System”, providing the personnel and administrators of the institution with a reference for research and development planning. The following lists the tasks carried out:
- Data scattered throughout various data systems, such as budgetary information, assets, personnel, IT failure reports and repairs, and system usage logs are converted and analyzed to be stored in the data warehouse.
- Senior management can use this system to achieve real-time queries of the desired data. The system can also be dynamically switched to conduct data analysis for various angles, scope, and depth to acquire evidentiary data needed for decision-making analysis.
- Various data themes were employed to create a Data Mart (DM) that offers interactive analysis or passive reports.
- Offer comprehensive technology transfer courses for IT personnel to ensure they become familiar with the concepts and technology of business intelligence, gain the capability of conducting self-maintenance and expansion of system functions, and use system tools to quickly generate product reports for any required data analysis.
- Domain knowledge of government accounting must be studied in order to analyze changes in various phases of government budget allocations.
- Details of asset categorization and customized items must be understood in order to analyze the status of asset usage.
- Utilize system usage records to analyze the number of software licenses.
- Integrate Light-Weight Directory Access Protocol (LADP) and relevant authority settings of Academia Sinica.
- Establish a data panel to provide the management with a quick overview of budgetary status, asset utilization, and human resources available of various departments and organizations.
- The management can use IT failure reports and repairs as well as system utilization logs to analyze repair requests received and handled by the helpdesk as well as the usage statuses of software licenses.