For developing autonomous defense industry, Ministry of National Defense promoted "Training & Reserving System of Defense Industry" project in 1978 by the order "Actively seek talent personnel with technology specialty, develop autonomous defense industry to promote national power and reinforce combat readiness" from Executive Yuan, and had executed the above movement since 1980.
To improve the transparency and fairness of system personnel review and allocation, IISI provided support to the “Defense Industry Training Information System” led by the Personnel Office of the Ministry of National Defense (MND), helping to establish a Project Management Office (PMO) services for system operations. The system allows greater transparency of personnel review and allocation, while digitalized workflow and system operation services help support joint civilian and government partnerships towards the common goals of implementing training & reserving system of defense industry for supporting technology policy and industrial policy.
- Accept the related missions from the associated agency system and operating mechanism continuously after receiving the project. The requirement will be complicated numerous.
- The project should be supervised by the controlling unit, system conducting unit, government ministries or councils, employing units, and training/reserving personnel. So we have to collect and respond to opinions from varieties of units or personnel any time to promote the function of system and method of management, also advance the operating efficiency of information system.
- Adopt software and elements of Open Source when developing the system.
Including Jboss application server and software such as Apache software load balance, to effectively save the cost of software expense about project itself.
- No talent is to be wasted
Effectively deploy the draftee with specialty in the suitable R&D unit of industry, to cultivate the specialized accomplishment of the draftee and overall promote the development of Taiwan's industry.
- Foundations for R&D substitute service systems
The defense industry training system of was converted into the R&D substitute service system in 2008, and officially concluded its services in 2012. However, the system was tried, tested, and improved upon on many occasions. Trained and reserve personnel from the system were highly regarded by many companies and organizations for their excellent performance. Despite having completed its historical mission, the spirit and essence of the old system lives on amongst the R&D substitute services, giving a solid foundation from which the new system can be established.
Ministry of National Defense, ROC