For promoting service quality and enhancing competition ability, Taiwan Railways Administration (TRA) had developed and established computer train-dispatch system to strengthen and update the original system function since 1992. TRA began to supply inquiring of train information and output of related forms in July, 1992; planted the whole function of original train-dispatch system operated in Solaris operation system to Windows operation system in August, 2002, and transferred the operation mode for dispatch personnel into Windows operation mode. For collocating the expanding of train numbers and the assembling application of all train railways, TRA expanded and enhanced the original system function in December, 2003. TRA continued to improve the system function in February, 2008 by reinforcing a train-dispatch auxiliary tool of manual adjustment, adding verification, bulletining, and browsing function from network.
Also, the smart input interface module added to the system in order to strengthen the input/output function of system and improve the operating benefit of train-dispatch system.
- Promote the accuracy of Station Time Schedule to ensure the bulletining of the train-number in instantaneity and accuracy. Reasonably predict the basic travel period of train to promote the accuracy of bulletining time of Station Time Schedule.
- The execution of 2-days long weekend encourages the fashions of domestic travelling that urges the increasing number of train needed, also causing the more complicated train-dispatch adjustment for the temporary dispatch. So the system must be designed to reinforce the train-dispatch operating for temporary dispatch of a region to reduce the period conflict by being added temporary trains.
- Supply accurate information of travelling trains and application of personnel on line. Because the capacity of train travelling routes and the accuracy of utility rate will affect the benefit of business running, so the system has to supply the information for assessment evidence of station/factory project improvement.
- The information and train-dispatch system for integrating the application of train organization, is not only promote the accuracy of information, but also improve the plan of transportation, plan of train schedules, and application of train organization.
- By version management, the dispatch personnel can use the train-dispatch data arranged by other dispatch personnel. In this way, it not only shorten the operating interval of dispatch but also prevent the schedule conflict among train schedules arranged by multi-personnel & multi-station dispatch operating, and achieve the destination of inheritance of dispatch technology.
- Reduce the error rate of basic running schedule affected by human mistake, and make the trains with their mission travel on the right track in the correct station, and fetch reasonable train running time automatically so as to promote the accurate time rate of traveling.
- By system computerization of respective unit, operator can inquire the application of train from Web to promote the flexibility of train travelling deployment and supply the instant information about on time/late of train, to achieve the seamless linking policy.
- Supply a backup mechanism for telegram facsimile for the level of mainframe and facsimile card to replace the telegram facsimile facility of travelling train. It brings advantages in efficiency, convenience and environmental protection, especially complying with the policy of saving energy and reducing carbon in a great scale.
- Make the evaluation more effectively that whether improves the stations and factories bring benefits to train travelling. Providing data for reference to improve service quality, including the analysis of differences between the new Station Time Schedule and the existing on-line Station Time Schedule, assessment of personnel and vehicles and information of carrying capacity for each route and utility rate of route (includes the tracks of a station).
- Help to control the statistical object better and apply the related information from train-dispatch system flexibly. Besides, the digital reports are also advantageous in information sharing and integrating.
Taiwan Railways Administration, Ministry of Transportation and Communication