Serving to integrate various financial system applications
The TPEII is a processing engine developed to work with the online transactions requirements of financial systems. It can handle the complex hardware/software environment and online transactions under special requirements (such as, data's consistency, accuracy, response time, etc.), and integrate the applications of varied financial systems. TPE can provide 24-hour-per-day continuous service, and it features overall fault-recovery capability to ensure the safety of transactions.
The TPE follows the X/OPEN Distributed Transaction, Processing Module V2. The functions of which illustrated below:
- Handling transaction I/O
Providing source checking, format conversion and attribute checking/editing functions. The application program can specify the output device, format code and data, and allow interfaced applications to make last-transaction inquiries.
- Transaction management
Including local, remote and evacuation transactions, reversed transactions, and sequential-link, nested-link and screen-link transactions.
- Application program interface (API)
Asking to connect the transactions to a screen display, handling reversed data and setting reversed transactions, outputting transaction data, recording and accessing the transaction data flow, asking to make batch evacuation transactions, a relational database interface, file-system interface and data-access interface from the common-data zone within the database.
- BATCH handling
Performing efficiency analysis data and data I/O, batch-handling program and the executing environment consistent with the online status through the relational database and file-system interface, and also providing dumping and debugging capability.
International-standard-complied distributed transaction handling platform, an interface which supports various languages and diverse control/monitoring tools which can integrate different financial systems and upgrade system expandability.
- Capable of integrating heterogeneous system environments
TPE can integrate the environments of different financial systems, providing a complete application-development interface and executing environment.
- Expandable functions and flexible design architecture
TPE supports the TPE II framework and a multiple-central-servers structure. It offers diverse transaction handling modes and batch programs consistent with online status, and uses the functional module and parameters to promote the production ability, stability, maintainability and compatibility of the application system.
- Round-the-clock transactions and instant-response capability
TPE features an auto-recovery mechanism, full-time round-the-clock transaction capability and control/monitoring ability. It also can meet the instant-response demands of financial system by guaranteeing to respond within a short time.
- The 24-7 counter service and multi-channel service can greatly upgrade service quality and efficiency, as well as reduce risk and cost.
- Providing an integrated client-management mechanism. The auto account balancing and posting functions will counter error and reduce account-checking time.
- Providing users with a friendly operating interface, allowing the tellers to provide a more thoughtful service.
- Shin Kong Commercial Bank (Taiwan)
- PERSONNEL SAVINGS DIVISION COMPTROLLER, EAU, MOND, ROC
- Bureau of Post Exchange, Sichuan Province, PRC
- Bank of China, PRC