Network TV is a multimedia content streaming service and interactive platform delivered over the Internet Protocol (IP). Through broadband networks such as ADSL or optical fiber, it could be displayed on set-top box / TV, PC, smartphone/ tablet, etc. and provides subscribers with a variety of contents like TV channels, movie on demand and life information.
Network TV divides the channels into groups and sets different rates. Hence, subscribers could choose any paid channels based on their viewing habits or preference. Users may also subscribe to video on demand (VOD), so they can watch the videos anytime. Network TV, a versatile 2-way interactive service, makes TV different from traditional one. It is even closer to audience's life and need.
Portal: Providing various network TV functions such as electronic program guide, TV channels, VOD, channel recording, program playback, and life information, etc.
N-Screen: Providing TV channels and VOD on PC, iOS and Android smartphone/tablet.
EMC: Providing electronic program guide and set-top box remote control on iOS and Android smart devices.
VSMT: VOD metadata, media planning, video package, and process management of ingesting / broadcasting of videos.
PGW: Responsible for provision and activation of subscribed TV channels and VOD services.
CMS: Providing automated media metadata and video file import and exchange process management for the content service platform.
- Portal integrates lots of 2-way interactive services, which allows Network TV to be even closer to people's life and need.
- Providing TV channels and VOD on PC, iOS and Android smart device.
- Based on a module framework, it could cooperate with each other to provide platform's automated provision and activation management, which may also address future expansion needs.
- Using screen capture technology and fixed frames per second (FPS), digital content management could extract a video into several frames as the default screenshots.
- Based on jBPM standard process control interface, it supports video file & media metadata importing, signing for acceptance, processing and auditing.
- Network TV's digital programs are more efficient in terms of using network transmission bandwidth, while users also enjoy more viewing choices. Moreover, the video and audio quality of digital multimedia content is more stable, clearer, with less interference and attenuation.
- Network TV offers HD programs, 5.1 surround sound, multilanguage choice, electronic program guide, VOD and a variety of value-added application services, allowing TV to be a portal for digital family life.
- With N-Screen, subscribers may easily watch TV channel and VOD on smartphone/ tablet. Family members may enjoy watching programs simultaneously on different smart devices.
- Smartphone/ tablet can be used as a set-top box remote controller for turning on/off TV, switching channel, adjusting volume, and searching programs, etc.
- Chunghwa Telecom
- PLDT Inc. (Formerly Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company)