Providing a Safer, More Convenient Automated Highway
The freeway traffic control system conforms to the related freeway protocol standards issued by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MOTC), and keeps traffic control officers informed of the latest road conditions with the dynamic monitor platform of the central system. Freeway road network traffic information can be effectively integrated to achieve overall coordination of traffic operations and management, and it can provide road users with more up-to-date, convenient and diverse traffic information, to improve the vehicle operation efficiency and road safety.
The system architecture is divided into data collection, information processing and information dissemination modules.
- Data Collection
- Data Processing
Central computer analyzes, processes and stores collected data to database based on data type and further develops transport strategy. Sub-functions are described as follows:
- Automatic incident detection
- Response plan
- Travel time calculation
- Route guidance
- Data dissemination
- Data dissemination
- Schematic diagram of the incident detection system
- Schematic diagram of incident response plan
- Schematic diagram of steering control information network
- Schematic diagram of releasing travel time
- Development of a modular system in response to the need for easy expansion of equipment
- System can quickly react to road congestion, and respond to processing plans as well as the alarm display of system and terminal equipment failure.
- High efficiency of maintenance communication enables operator and vendor to facilitate new maintenance notice and request a maintenance schedule.
- Providing multimedia display user interface integrated with the road network monitoring display
- Automated information system control, which saves traffic maintenance manpower
- Effective monitoring of highway operating conditions to ensure the safety of road users
- Providing appropriate and effective traffic control strategies in response to the quantity of traffic comprised of different vehicle types
- Coordinating and integrating cross-unit traffic information exchange to facilitate real-time traffic information flow and improve transportation system performance
- In the event of congestion or accident, an alternate path is made available immediately, making overall network traffic distribution return to a state of equilibrium.
- Traffic control system project of Yuanlin-Kaohsiung Section of National Highway No. 1
- Traffic control system access project of Nantou Section of National Highway No. 6