Convenient Parking Space Finder
The parking guidance system promotes the efficient use of parking resources. The latest parking information is broadcast to a dynamic roadside display panel; telephone voice broadcast systems, smart phones and other terminal media, guiding vehicle drivers to the appropriate parking lot. Time spent driving around looking for parking spaces is, therefore, reduced, and the reliability of travel is enhanced. At the same time, traffic congestion, air pollution and fuel consumption are reduced.
The functions of the parking guidance system include monitoring the number of parking spaces, monitoring the state of guidance signs, monitoring CMS control rod operation, system configuration operation, record- keeping and reporting, etc. The system operator is capable of adjusting instantly the needs of parking spaces and maintaining information relevant to the parking lot. Therefore, it is more convenient for people to understand the lot's business hours, the total number of parking spaces, parking charges and vacant space in the parking lot, helping drivers find parking spaces more efficiently.
- Integrating with GIS geographic information systems to display the actual location of the parking lot dynamically
- Operators can update, delete and modify the parking information shown on the display panel in accordance with demand for parking lots
- Integrating with LED parking information display panels to provide drivers with real-time parking space information
- The system is equipped with automatic self-testing and breakdown reporting functions. Failure information is transmitted back to the information center at the time of system malfunction. Therefore, maintenance costs are reduced and the efficiency of system operation is enhanced
- Vehicle drivers who are looking for parking spaces will be guided to an appropriate parking lot and find available parking spaces quickly.
- Parking supply and demand is appropriately allocated, and the parking spaces are used efficiently, to reduce the traffic congestion resulted from finding parking spaces.
- The public will be capable of obtaining real-time parking information through multiple channels, including the Internet, mobile devices, and roadside equipment.
Parking Management and Development Office, Taipei City
- Parking Guidance and Information System in Hsinyi District, Taipei City
- 90% of users think the system helps them findparking spaces
- Each vehicle can save about 9 minutes when finding a parking space
- 92% of the respondents agree that the facility should be expanded
- Parking Guidance and Information System in Yanming Mt. and Ximen Business District, Taipei City
- Each vehicle can save about 18 minutes of time when finding a parking space
- 94% of users think the system helps them find parking spaces