Most online ATMs used by banks throughout Taiwan have continued to rely upon IE and require the installation of ActiveX controllers. Alternatively, other browsers may be used but this would require third party plugins. Neither of these provided any form of convenience. The Edge and Chrome browsers for the Windows operating system do not support external plugins. Security controllers of online ATM would therefore need to be re-designed as services that could be installed at the clients’ end to replace existing plugins. In current online ATM systems, only minute changes to the website would be needed to determine if the component should be used. No additional changes to the frontend or backend system framework would be required. The financial transaction security control component offered by International Integrated Systems, Inc. (IISI) basically covers all online ATM transactions and functions. The security control mechanisms offered could also be simultaneously applied to e-banking operations to improve the levels of security.
The BTSM financial transaction security control component provides the following functions
- Support for financial transaction equipment
- Supports PC/SC Reader.
- Supports 2nd generation financial cards (Native Card & Combo Card).
- Supports transactions where card insertion of swiping actions are required
(limited to original card readers).
- Supports 2nd generation card readers.
- Automatic detection for reading account information
– Automatic card readers that allow the reading of different accounts when inserting multiple cards.
– Automatic detection of card accounts that can be responded to
the primary and secondary accounts of the card.
- Allows parameter settings to determine the actions implemented and verify transaction data
– Supports the logging of withdrawal, transfers, purchasing, pre-authorization, complete authorization,
payment, inquiries, and payment of national taxes and fees according to the relevant parameter
– Restrict execution by specified website (URL). The list would be determined by parameter settings
when the component is generated.
– Transaction program transfers transaction information (in XML) for user verification.
– Provide Sample programs.
- The financial transaction security control component could be employed during transactions as well as
online ATM applications, and provide seamless user experiences.
- Supports all major browsers currently in use (IE / Edge / Chrome / FireFox).
- In addition to SSL data encryption, the financial transaction security control component could also use
mutual RSA Challenge / Response validation for application layer data encryption to further enhance system security.
- Online banking
- Online applications and certifications
- Taipei Fubon Bank
- Chang Hwa Bank
- Hua Nan Commercial Bank