A Management Tool for Resource Scheduling Coordination
Resource Management System (RMS) provides management for shipping, maritime, rail, and road transport, scheduling the frequency of runs, duty services, logistical support staff and other important company resources. It is a highly integrated system capable of producing the best scheduling program under a variety of constraints to achieve different objectives. RMS not only allows multiple people to use the system at the same time, but also dynamically adjusts scheduling programs. In order to cope with any contingency, scheduling intervals can be adjusted at any time. As a result, RMS produces the most appropriate shift arrangement program so that schedule planning, release and exchange can be rendered to a number of management units in real time.
The system includes a crew data and duty management system, aircraft/vehicle dispatching arrangement system, duty management and shift arrangement system, crew payroll management system, crew attendance management system for report-for-duty, sign-out and vacation, aircraft/vehicle activities and other resource management systems.
Functions of the RMS are described as follows:
- Customized system which supports multiple languages
Through designing a system which consists of a number of independent modules, the system provides different transport companies with a customized operating environment under existing operational practice in order to improve system compatibility with current operational practice. Furthermore, strong support for multiple languages can be easily achieved. At present, there are Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and English versions.
- Visual schedule operation and management interface
- Visual operation and management for shift arrangement
Through multilingual support and a visualized interface, the system ensures a short learning curve to conduct a better operation and management for shift arrangement so as to reduce the incidence of user error.
- Simple data I/O interface for shift planning
Supporting the export of basic transportation time tables and shift arrangement tables in Excel format and the format for CAA data exchange and international standards the exchange of electronic shift arrangement tables (SSIM Chapter 7)
- Flexible shift adjustment
By using the drag-and-drop interaction, it helps the operator in making a quick judgment and optimal planning when adjustments in departure and arrival schedules of flights/trains without relying on memory and laboriously editing data.
- Smart shift planning and decision management
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) shift arrangement
The system uses our patented AI shift arrangement methodology to quickly handle different kinds of constraints with flexibility, such as considering the maximum number of days for staying non-maintenance base, or crew meal time, which are more difficult to express using mathematical models
- The Global Optimization solution
Providing the Global Optimization solution which is better than FIFO or LIFO. With only aclick of the mouse, shift planning problems can be resolved automatically. Users do not need to break shift plans into pieces and issue the new assignment manually.
- Short, medium and long term shift arrangement
Based on the fundamental design concepts of business peak/off-peak seasons, templates of winter/summer and daily shift arrangement tables are provided. Long-term plans are designed according to historical shift arrangement tables which rapidly produce multiple plans in shift arrangement to meet company expectations for future markets. Based on different scenarios, the long-term plan allows decision-makers to determine the final adoption of shift arrangement solutions and quickly release the results to other relevant departments. The mid-term shift arrangement plan uses winter or summer templates. The short-term plan uses a daily template, which has the advantage of automatically breaking winter or summer templates into the daily one to significantly increase the productivity of shift arrangement operations.
- Scenario analysis which provides multiple options
Through a multi-user operating environment, each operator can work on the same basic information for flights/cars to establish different shift planning strategies. This helps to enhance diversified solutions for shift arrangement and developing potential markets for the aviation industry.
- Inspection for flight or seat restriction
Users can make a preliminary check of whether the created shift arrangement tables exceed the number of flights or seats for an individual enterprise. This provides the advantage of reducing the user's need for communication with the time integration unit. Furthermore, the warning, displayed as colored highlights in the system, helps users to make immediate decisions and promptly adjust shift planning strategy.
- Access control and report generation
- Access control and user sign-in log
The system provides access control to ensure the security of data. The administrator can view a log of user operations, which is display in the administration of the home version and display it as an electronic file or database entry, depending on the level of detail the user needs.
- Diversified reports or comparison tables
Providing users to create customized reports or comparison tables according to the business needs.
- Assisting users to complete editing, viewing, optimization and publishing of shift arrangement tables in the shortest time possible.
- The core of the system, Optimal Evolutionary Computation, allows users to quickly produce the best plan under any kind of constraints.
- Object-oriented architecture increases GUI operational efficiency and enhances overall software quality.
- The time required for manual shift arrangement is shortened by more than 70%.
- The manpower required for shift arrangement is reduced by approximately 90%, which effectively reduces the error rate.
- Three times as many conditions are provided to users than by manual scheduling; the utilization rate of resources increases by more than 20%.
- Taiwan Railways Administration
- UNI Air
- EVA Air
- Far Eastern Air Transport
- China Airlines