Constructing Unimpeded Traffic Services
The urban traffic control system provides a dynamic monitoring platform for traffic, GIS and information on a variety of video and monitoring equipments. Through modular design, the system integrates multiple traffic information interfaces, coordinates multifaceted traffic control strategies, and meets the needs of traffic control units.
In addition to further development of traffic control and management, urban traffic control systems can serve as information communication center among vehicles, roads and road users. There are eight sub-systems. Their functions are described as follows:
- Data Collection System
With SD, VD, AVI, CCTV and other kinds of equipment, the system can collect and monitor the speed of vehicles, traffic flow and road occupancy, to facilitate subsequent data processing operations and develop strategies.
- Data Processing System
Including data processing, traffic data storage, traffic incident detection, an operating function and a detection function.
- Incident Management System
Taking charge of handling incident input and subsequent response so that the relevant authorities are notified for action when similar events occur.
- Traffic Policy System
Main functions include weekday management, special day management, timing plan management, control policy management, touch policy management and state record check.
- Traffic Guidance System
Including CMS management, automatic road condition management, route guidance, and capable of guiding traffic to avoid congested sections, and reduce road users' travel time.
- Image Display System
Providing a multi-function TV wall projection screen display, dynamic traffic screen display, and assisting personnel in handling and managing traffic with solutions promptly.
- Information Dissemination System
Broadcasting immediate road information via World Wide Web, mobile devices, radio broadcast and other channels.
- Core System
Providing an integrated system management platform, handling system scheduling operations, historical data analysis, report production, software startup and shutdown, system synchronization, etc.
The structure of the urban traffic control system is handled by the core system to communicate with the sub-systems' communication modules.
- Smart search tool, which allow operators to search and position equipment more quickly and accurately
- Operators can achieve mission requirements flexibly and combine different functional displays
- Providing automatic road-side checking equipment and system maintenance so that the system facilitates normal operations
- Integrating and presents current state of information visually so that operators can quickly acquire needed information
- Effectively handling entity protocol and equipment specifications in response to extendibility of equipment and system
- Management personnel can understand personnel performance, equipment and system stability through statistical reports
- Different levels of integrated traffic management systems can be designed in accordance with different administrative, operational, and maintenance. The analysis and application of monitoring, management and strategy is integrated in response to different control equipment, and further improve management efficiency by coordinating corresponding information.
- Communication Protocol: Urban traffic control protocol version 3.0 issued by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications
- Technology Description: Using JAVA technology and an open structure: system control range configuration can be adjusted for the use of different levels of control unit.
- Technology Features?
- DataBase: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- Communication Server Operating System: Windows/Linux/Solaris
- Core Server Operating System: Windows/Linux/Solaris
- Workstation Operating System: Optimized for Windows
- Providing instant traffic congestion information and information relevant to redirecting traffic such as route changes, thereby enhancing the event response and handling capability of the system.
- Featuring function-oriented design for the specific needs of different regions to expedite the processing of traffic accidents, alleviate serious congestion problems and improve transport service quality
- Integrating smart mass transit systems with parking guidance systems to facilitate traffic and parking planning for passers-by.
- Integrating disaster prevention, response and core monitoring systems to provide real-time information and monitoring and improved urban safety service quality
- Traffic Engineering Office, Taipei City Government
- Transportation Bureau of Taoyuan County Government
- Bureau of Transportation, Taichung City Government
- Dept. of Transportation, Tainan City Government
- Dept. of Transportation and Tourism, Keelung City Government
- Transportation Engineering Office, Dept. of Public Works, Nantou County Government
- Transportation Office, Economic Affairs Dept., Yilan County
- Changhua County Police Bureau
- Police Dept, Yunlin County