Large systems that range from telecommunication companies to many online service providers must be capable of responding to a great number of users simultaneously. Operational status, error notification, and system specified backups must be initiated without delay. This gave rise to the 5M–Fault Management (FM), Performance Management (PM), Configuration Management (CM), Accounting Management (AM),Security Management (SM), that is capable of collecting, storing, managing, and analyzing various operational data in order to achieve system monitoring, error prevention, error warning, as well as system backup and response.
The "Network Administration Solution" from IISI utilizes a network administration service platform as the basis for rapid generation of uniform templates for system logs, data collection, exception interception, and issuance of error messages. Data monitoring management systems can also be integrated into the system to provide equipment status monitoring (polling) and to receive and issue warnings and alerts, helping the client save time and costs in setting up their network monitoring and administration system.
The following describes various module functions:
- Exception Caching Module (Exception Grabber)：Program exceptions are collected and delivered to the Logger or SNMP handling module according to the settings specified.
- Data Logging Module (Logger)：Pre-defined settings for the path, file name, and other related modules to establish fixed export formats for various logs to facilitate subsequent queries and analysis.
- SNMP Handling Module：The module is capable of importing MIB data to facilitate program development and applications. Setting files can also be used to specify SNMP notification targets.
- Data Management (Housekeeping)
- Setting files: Adjustable settings include time scope, version number, as well as target path and file name.
- Logs: Adjustable settings include time scope as well as target path and file name.
- DB: Adjustable settings include time scope, database connection, database name, as well as file name from target of execution.
- Reduce programming and development work needed for 5M data collection or alert notifications.
- Systematic generation of standard formats to facilitate data query, analysis, and statistic.
- Integrated with network monitoring management system to rapidly establish a basic network management service platform.
- Settings can be used to quickly establish data management (housekeeping) systems while achieving the desired level of customization.
- Chunghwa Telecom
- Taiwan Mobile Co., Ltd.